Vehicle Service Agreement
A vehicle service agreement (VSA) is an extended warranty contract that can cover the costs associated with certain repairs or replacements, including parts, labor, and/or sales tax, that may be required after a manufacturer’s warranty has expired.
What are the benefits of a Vehicle Service Agreement?
- Coverage tailored to your needs (various plans to fit ownership time and mileage driven during ownership)
- Ensures the quality of future repairs – repairs made by qualified technicians.
- Factory warranty only covers defects in parts and faulty workmanship-
- Although normal wear items (ie brakes & tires) are not covered, covered components are still covered if they break because of wear.
- Covers towing, up to $80 per occurrence for mechanical failure
- Rental Car coverage – $30/day for up to 5 days
- No out of pocket other than the deductible if applicable
- Repairs can be made when needed, not when you can afford them
- Budgets repair costs overs time of ownership – parts and labor costs increase regularly
- Increased resale value – Repairs can be made so a car in good mechanical shape is easier to sell.
- Transferable to subsequent owner – a car today without warranty is virtually unsellable
- Cancellable to get a pro-rated amount (so you get back what you don’t use) if vehicle is traded or totaled
- Limits out-of-pocket expenses to the deductible
- Today’s vehicles are so sophisticated, it is difficult to repair or even diagnose what the problem is (require special tools, equipment and training)
- Protects savings – coverage of parts and labor on covered repairs protects from having to put repairs on credit card or take money from savings account
- Protects investment – a vehicle purchase is a major investment for everyone,